Brian recently moved to Anchorage and is currently working with Alaska Rush Soccer Club as their Technical Director. He has previously worked with Colorado Rush, Rush Pikes Peak and Rush Soccer (SPI).
Brian played for the Colorado Rush as a youth player, winning 6 state and two regional titles, as well as a 3rd place finish at nationals. After graduating from Lakewood High School, Lux played two seasons of Division I soccer at Drury University in Springfield, Mo. He also won 2 U-23 National Championships with the Denver Kickers and finished as runner-up in the US Amateur Cup. He completed his career at the University of Denver, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Physics in 2007.
His coaching licensing includes the USSF A License, USSF National Goalkeeper License, USSF National Youth License and the NSCAA/USC Premier Diploma. He is also a USSF Grassroots License Instructor and serves as the ADP Director for the state of Alaska.
Director of Coaching – Youth
Born in Denver Colorado, grew up 28 miles outside Louisville, Kentucky. He joined the US Air Force which resulted in him being assigned to Elemendorf AFB. He has been coaching youth soccer in Alaska since 1994, year-round since 1996, and full-time upon retirement from the USAF.
· Current Position – Alaska Rush Director of Coaching – Youth Academy
· National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) State, Regional, and National Diploma (Fresno St. Univ),
· USSF F, E, D, National D, before attending USSF C course at Bradenton Florida. National Youth License with Dr. Tom Fleck.
· Goal Keeping, I, II Diploma Courses, and multiple special topic courses.
· US Club Soccer Director of Coaching Course Los Angeles.
· Attended 12 NSCAA National Conventions (Baltimore, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Los Angeles and Kansas City).
· Multiple youth competitive travel teams winning every tournament in Alaska, and multiple state cup titles. 97G team finished 3 rd in the Far West Region IV Tournament Lancaster California. Also traveled to the FWR IV in Boise Idaho, and Albuquerque N.M. Won the Las Vegas Mayors Cup, and the Beaverton Cup. Several former players have gone on to exceptional collegiate soccer and/or academic accomplishments.
· Former CISC Competitive Teams Coordinator/Recreational Director, Youth Technical Director 23 years (1994-2016). Chugiak Soccer Club Fall 2017-Summer 2018. Alaska Rush Fall 2018 to Present.
Director of Coaching – Recreational
Registrar / Administrator
Joel recently moved to Anchorage and is currently working with Alaska Rush Soccer Club as their Recreational Director. He has previously worked with Caldwell Optimist soccer and Inferno soccer club in Idaho.
Joel began his coaching career as a recreational coach for his oldest son 15 years ago. His passion for coaching has continued to grow as he progressed into competitive coaching. Although he has coached competitively for over 12 years, he has stayed connected to the recreational programs at his previous clubs.
His coaching licensing includes the USSF E License.
Director of Coaching – Juneau
Moctar is the head of coaching for the Juneau Rush Club.
Director of Coaching – Homer
Tyler is the head of coaching of the Homer Rush.
Director of Coaching – Polar Vortex
Steve is the head of coaching with the Polar Vortex Rush